Not to sound like a broken record, but it’s time to stop eating the same thing all the time. So for something a little different, I suggest trying a stuffed burger. And this one has sautéed onions, Swiss cheese and well, you’ll just have to watch, then make it.
Makes 2 burgers
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 pineapple rings
- Iceberg lettuce
- Cook onions with butter in a non-stick pan until softened, season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Flatten beef into 4 patties, and using your hands or burger press, make a pocket in two of them. Put half the onion and one piece of cheese (folded to fit) into the pockets and top with second patty. Season each stuffed burger well with salt & pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium high and put on the burgers and pineapple slices. Cook until done on one side, then flip them over, and begin brushing both with teriyaki. When both sides of burgers and pineapple are almost done, add more sauce, then toast buns on the grill.
- Build burger: bun bottom, lettuce, burger, pineapple slices, bun top.