Kale - the cardboard of the salad world. But marinating it in this dressing and using avocado help make it so delicious - not to mention healthy. It's our new favorite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained well
- 2 ripe avocados, diced small
- 1 bag (12 ounces) chopped kale, chopped to make it even smaller
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, diced small
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, diced
- 4 ounces olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Good pinch salt & pepper
- Heat wok or non-stick pan until almost smoking, add oil & corn and cook until browned in spots - remove to a dish and let cool
- Make dressing by combining oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon and salt & pepper - mix
- Put Kale, corn, avocado, chicken and dressing in a large bowl and toss well - put in fridge about 30 minutes to let all the flavors come together (and to allow the 'cardboardiness' of the kale to subside).
- Mix in bacon and serve