Bruddas & sistas – I made this when on vacay in Maui. It’s way damn delicious – and simple of course.
- 3-5 lb pork butt or shoulder, it’s the same thing
- 2-3 tablespoons Hawaiian Alea Salt or Kosher Salt
- 2-3 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 325
- Cover pork with liquid smoke and apply salt generously
- Cover in tin foil and place on baking sheet cook for or 4 1/2 - 5 hours, until 145 degrees
- Serve everyway you can think: in a sandwich with crispy cabbage, as a taco, the filling for a cheesy quesadilla or in place of the ham on a benedict – it’s all good