This is a simple bread salad, using one of my favorite cheeses, Cotija. Delicious!
- 1 small can diced jalapenos, use 4 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup, peeled cucumber, 1'' diced
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mini baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup homemade croutons (see my recipe)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon liquid from can jalapenos
- Mix dressing, give it a good shake for 1 minute to emulsify
- Mix salad ingredients in large bowl
- Thow in the croutons, coat with approx 4 tablespoons of dressing, and allow to soak in for 2-3 minutes, eat!