Make this and make it often, I'm in love.
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 4-5 cloves garlic, leave paper on
- 1-2 chipotle peppers
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 white onion, diced fine
- Heat broiler to high
- put tomatillos and garlic on a foil covered baking sheet and broil about 5 inches away from heat until blacked on top
- flip over tomatillos and garlic and continue another couple minutes - let cool
- squeeze garlic from paper and put in a processor with tomatillos & any of their juice, chipotle, cilantro and season to taste with salt
- process until nicely chunky and taste for salt & chipotle - add if necessary
- put in a bowl and stir in onions.