Under 15 minute and only approx 300 calories, gets you a healthy and totally delicious breakfast... I think it's worth it, for school mornings or before work. Honestly, the time could easily be wasted going to drive-thru.
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove, finely diced garlic
- 4 big handfuls of spinach
- 2 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl, add polenta, salt, water, mix well, cover with cling film, microwave high 8 minutes
- While that cooks do the rest....
- In hot pan, add 1/2 teaspoon oil, mushrooms, cook 2 minutes, turn down heat, add garlic, cook 2 minutes
- In another medium heat skillet/wok, add 1/2 teaspoon oil and spinach, cook 1 minute
- Season spinach and mushrooms with pinch Kosher salt and 3 grinds fresh pepper
- Fry 2 eggs over-easy
- Remove polenta (careful of the steam!!) whisk polenta until smooth, season pinch Kosher salt, 5 grinds fresh pepper, add butter, mix well
- Serve it up! Polenta, spinach, mushrooms and top with fried egg (or Poached if you want to be super healthy).
WATCH ME MAKE THIS...