Serves 4 people
Rich and creamy, but importantly this is so much easier than you think, and way worth it.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup polenta
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced (stalks removed)
- 15 Oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 6 crimini mushrooms, sliced (stalks removed)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary (keep a pinch separate to garnish)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons Mascarpone
- Bring water and pinch of salt in medium pan to a boil
- Gradually whisk in the polenta, whisk for a minute and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 4-5 minutes
- In the meantime, in a large skillet on medium heat add olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter, throw in the mushrooms and a good pinch of kosher salt, stir well so all coated, cook uncovered for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add the rosemary and chicken stock, season with kosher salt and pepper, and cook for further 4-5 minutes
- When polenta is cooked, take off the heat and thoroughly stir in the Parmesan and Mascarpone.
- Plate up, with a layer of creamy polenta and top with generous helping of the mushrooms and garnish with rosemary.