Serves 3 - 4
If there was a dish that could be called "Canadian" this would be it.
- 1 bag frozen french fries
- One 12 ounce jar beef gravy
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheese curds, broken up or fresh mozzarella, diced fairly small
- Preheat oven per french fry package instructions
- Spread the fries evenly onto a baking sheet and bake as package instructs - until browned and crunchy
- In a small pot mix the gravy with some freshly ground black pepper to taste and the Maggi sauce and heat over low heat until hot and bubbly
- Break up the cheese curds or dice the mozzarella
- On a plate layer as follows: french fries, cheese, gravy/sauce mix
- Add a little more freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Be sure to get a little of everything in each bite
- Oh Canada!