Traditionally, a Napoleon pastry is three layers of layers of cream pâtissière, whatever that is. The top is usually glazed with icing or fondant in alternating white and brown strips. This is nothing like that...but then you already figured that right?
- One 10 ounce bag frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- One small basket fresh raspberries
- Powdered sugar
- Whipping cream
- 1 sheet frozen pie dough, defrosted
- Put defrosted raspberries in a blender with sugar and lemon juice, blend until smooth then set aside
- Cut pie dough into six 2.5 x 4" pieces
- Put dough slices in a medium hot non-stick pan and cook until light brown on each side, then remove from heat and let cool
- To make Napoleon, put a piece of dough on a plate, and top with a thin layer of whipping cream, then a layer of raspberries then another light layer of cream
- Repeat another layer on top - dough, cream, raspberries, cream and a final dough piece
- Drizzle raspberry sauce over the top and dust with powdered sugar – serve.