send to friend | print Grilled Rosemary Chicken Sandwich
See how sophisticated this sounds? It's really only a chicken sandwich, just made a little differently using the Ciabatta bread. But you could also modify the flavor of this simple sandwich by simply changing a couple of the items. For Asian style you might try using a Teriyaki marinade and leaving out the Rosemary. For a more Mediterranean flavor, you could simply swap the avocado for feta cheese - you get the idea.
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread (available at most supermarkets)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 12 ounces of your favorite Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced medium thin
- 2 avocados, sliced medium thin
- Olive oil
- Heat grill
- Place chicken breasts, 2 at a time in a large ziplock bag and whack with a bottle until evenly flat - about 1/2 inch thick
- Put dressing and rosemary in casserole dish and add chicken - allow to marinate at least 15 minutes
- Grill chicken until it's done the way you like (try not to overcook it)
- Just before the chicken is ready, slice bread in rectangles, and then horizontally
- Brush each side with olive oil, and place on grill - you're going for those cool grill marks
- Assemble the sandwich - Ciabatta, chicken avocado, tomatoes, fresh ground pepper, Ciabatta - yum.