send to friend | print Sammy-Boys Margarita
Makes 1 - go on, be selfish
The Margarita may have been born in Mexico in the 40's, but it came of age in my kitchen in the late 80's. Don't change it, just make it. And please use a decent tequila. I have this theory - crappy tequila makes a crappy Margarita. Oh, and be a little careful, they're kinda strong.
- 2 parts tequila
- 1 part Sweet & Sour - DO NOT substitute Margarita mix
- 1/2 parts Grand Marnier
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 1 splash Roses Lime Juice
- Kosher Salt
- Fill a shaker 1/3 of the way with ice and add tequila, sweet & sour, Grand Marnier, juice from 1/2 lime, juice from 1/4 orange and a splash of Roses Lime Juice
- Place lid on shaker and shake like a fool - you want it icy
- Add fresh ice to glass and pour in Margarita from shaker
- Squeeze a wedge each of lime and orange on top and drop wedges into glass
- Then float a little more Grand Marnier over the top and voila - life is good.