send to friend | print Clam Chowder
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced small
- 6 slices Ready Crisp bacon, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each) clams
- 1 pint whipping cream
- parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- Saute onions and celery in oil until soft - add bacon and saute for a few more minutes
- Add potatoes, clam juice from cans and then just enough water to cover potatoes
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat then simmer until potatoes are soft - 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add clams, cream, parsley and salt and pepper - heat through
- I like to serve it with those little oyster crackers and a good drizzle of hot sauce.
www.thecookingguy.comCopyright © 2013 Sam the Cooking Guy. All Rights Reserved