Who says Asian & Mexican food can't mix?
- 4 green onions, white & light green parts only, sliced into thin shreds
- 1/4 cup jicama, sliced into thin shreds
- 1/4 pound salmon fillet without the skin, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Asian chili paste
- 2 corn tortillas
- Peanut oil
- Combine green onions and jicama into a "slaw" and set aside
- Also mix Hoisin and chili paste in a small bowl and set aside
- Preheat a skillet or wok well on fairly high heat - also preheat a nonstick skillet to heat the tortillas
- Add 1 teaspoon peanut oil, then the salmon and cook quickly until still a bit moist inside
- Heat the tortillas in the nonstick skillet
- Spread some sauce on the each tortilla, top with salmon and then some of the jicama slaw - eat
Preheat grill to medium heat. Keep Salmon fillet whole, rub with peanut oil, plus rub a little oil in grate. Grill for 5-6 minutes each side, flake into large chucks.