This is the most delicious risotto. And while shiitakes are certainly not 'magic' mushrooms, the effect will be nearly the same. You'll be like "oh crap...what just happened?
- In large pot on medium/high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter add shiitake and onion, stir, cook 2 minutes
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute
- Add rice stir to coat with butter, let it toast a little for 1 minute
- Simmer chicken broth in a separate pan
- Add vermouth to rice mixture, stir, cook 1 minutes or until absorbed
- Add chicken broth about a half cup at a time to rice mix, wait until absorbed each time – stir frequently throughout
- Add one pack of frozen edamame, cook 2 minutes
- Add Kosher salt, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, butter and stir well.