Those adorable little sweet & hot cherry peppers make an important appearance in this super simple pasta.
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup jarred hot & sweet cherry peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- In deep skillet or wok, cook bacon for 15 mins, remove when crispy, keep 2 tablespoons fat in skillet
- Using same skillet, add onion, soften for 4 minutes
- Turn heat to low, add garlic cook for minute, add peppers, season with Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions, drain when 'al dente' (keep a cup of cooking water)
- Add cream and parmesan to skillet, cook on medium/low for 3-4 minutes to thicken
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water to skillet, mix in bacon and parsley, eat!
TIP: You could freeze remaining bacon fat and use for something else.