Noodles are an important part of Chinese New Year because they stand for longevity and we made a delicious and spicy version with crab. So does that mean a spicy & crabby new year?
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely diced
- 6 green onions (dark green parts removed. 3 finely diced/3 roughly sliced - garnish)
- 1 cup chilled cooked crab meat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Prep EVERYTHING first: chop, mix your sauce, get big pot boiling water going, then preheat your wok on high
- Add noodles to boiling water... while they cook, get cooking in the wok...
- Add oil to hot wok, add ginger, garlic and crab, chill sauce, cook for 1 minute, then stir in sauce mix - cook 2 minutes to thicken
- Noodles cook in 4-5 minutes, drain, add to wok ingredients, coat in sauce, cook for 1 more minute. Serve, garnished with chopped spring onions.