So, I will be doing my very 1st Reddit AMA (ask me anything), tomorrow Sat April 22nd at 11:00am PST (2:00pm EST). Get your questions ready and join me.
Happy St. Patrick's Day (for this Friday March 17th 2017) to you! Here's a collection of easy, hearty, Irish inspired recipes, make a couple for dinner... make em all, if you are having a party!
But first... go pour that glass of Guinness!
Perfect to feed a big hungry mob for St. Pat's Day. But, whether you are Irish... or whatever you are, you have to make this, it's the ultimate comfort food and easy family meal pleaser.
This is just a guide – you can add almost anything to mashed potatoes – goat cheese, sour cream, bits of roast beef, bacon & blue cheese, rice pudding, quickly sauted vegetables, crunchy rice noodles – by the way I was just kidding about the rice pudding.
For some reason, corned beef is usually only thought of at home for St. Patrick’s Day, which is a crying shame. This has only five ingredients, is a snap to make, and the glaze really adds a ton of flavor. Make yourself a promise to make it more often. You’ll be so glad you did.
GOT LEFTOVERS? TRY THESE THE FOLLOWING DAY
Here in SD, we are in the middle of celebrating San Diego City Beat Burger Week 2017 (from February 24 - March 4). However, if you want to stay at home and experiment with some extra delicious, killer burger recipes, then try one of my top 4.
I’ve always been confused why ‘veggie burgers’ are seldom made from vegetables. Nuts, beans, grains, twigs…everything but actual vegetables.
Well, that stops right now. Because here is a magnificent ‘veggie burger’ with pesto and goat cheese that even your carnivore friends will appreciate.It’s awesome off the grill, off the grill pan or off of whatever you’ve got.Go ahead, just make it.
Jeez, we all really love this. Just make it – no questions...
Viki & Nick Nichols from Arizona, are the lucky winners of our Finlandia video contest! They have won me, well, I will come to their house and cook for party of 12!
And because we had such an overwhelming response, we will be doing another contest like this, so stay tuned!
SAM THE COOKIN GUY TV EPISODE
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 12TH 2017 ON COX*
Yes, it's gonna be Canned Chili Day on the show! The possibilities are nearly endless...
CAN I BINGE WATCH THE ENTIRE NEW TV SERIES...?
The Big Game is so close. Are you ready for your party? If you need some inspiration check out these easy recipes.
++++++ CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED +++++++
THE LUCKY WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED THURSDAY FEBRUARY 23RD
Let’s have some fun! You could win me coming to your house to cook for you and 11 of your friends. I’ll cook… you’ll eat and we’ll all have a great time. And as long as you live in California or Arizona and are at least 18, you can enter by filling out the short form below.
You’ll also receive a month’s supply of butter & cheese from the Finlandia family of products. That means get ready for the best burgers, eggs, seafood – everything.
So why are you still reading – go enter already!
What's your favorite Finlandia Butter recipe?
Please complete this short form, just tell us your favorite recipe from the Finlandia Butter videos (see above) to enter.
CONTEST CLOSEOUT DATE
We will accept entries up until February 17th, 2017. So, get going people!
Please see official terms and conditions below.
*Finlandia Butter can be found at Vons, Albertsons and Safeway. Finlandia Cheeses are also available, in Southern California at Costco and other fine retailers.
Finlandia: “WIN A PARTY WITH SAM, AT YOUR HOUSE”
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter
- Go to: www.thecookingguy.com and enter your email as directed, between 12:00 AM ET on 1/27/17 and 11:59:59PM ET on 2/17/17.
- Any entries submitted after February 17th, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET will be ineligible.
- One entry per person, per day, is permitted.
2. Selection of Winner
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from the eligible entrants. The recipe that receives the highest number of votes during the contest timeframe outlined in section 1a will be deemed the top choice.
- The Grand Prize winner will be notified by email on or about 2/20/17. The winner will have 14 calendar days to respond upon receiving notification via email with a mailing address to redeem prize.
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive a “Sam Super Party” hosted by Sam the Cooking Guy for 12 people, plus one month’s supply of Finlandia cheese and butter.
- No cash value.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. Eligibility Restrictions & Conditions
- The contest is open to individuals ages 18 and older legally residing in California and Arizona only. The prize party location must occur in one of these states to be eligible.
- Finlandia employees, family members, and affiliates are excluded from eligibility.
- No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes are permitted except at the sole discretion of Finlandia. Prizes are subject to availability and Finlandia reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable.
- By participating in this contest, the winners agree to have their name or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Finlandia, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the contest application or is otherwise in violation of the rules. It further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort.
- Finlandia reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Finlandia, any contest or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled, Finlandia reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Finlandia.
- One entry submission per person, per day, is permitted.
- Prizes will only be awarded to the winner who are contacted through the e-mail they provided on the contest form.
- An opt-in for Finlandia emails is included on the contest entry form. By selecting that opt-in, you acknowledge that Finlandia may send you occasional emails about news, products, and other company information. Finlandia will not sell or intentionally distribute your information to any third party. Winner, and participants may also opt out of emailing and direct targeting messaging.
Gung Hay Fat Choy!
This year, Chinese New Year - The Year of the Rooster - begins on Saturday January 28 and lasts until February 15th, 2018. And, if you know me by now, you know I'm Canadian, making Chinese New Year a big thing! Yes... Canadian's celebrate it in a big way. Even though I live in San Diego now, I still continue the tradition, I love to make a big feast with my family. Here's some of my top picks:
Only three ingredients, but it tastes like fifty. The black bean & garlic sauce is available in the Asian aisle at any supermarket. Look for the Lee Kum Kee brand.