Here's a bunch a stuff perfect for Halloween night, or some ideas to make with all the leftovers.
PUMPKIN SAGE GNOCCHI
MY #1 HALLOWEEN TRADITION:
WHITE BEAN CHICKEN CHILI
The key is to make a bunch of it. Then let it be the casual, comfort-food center of a trick or treat ‘door answering’ party...
MORE HALLOWEEN IDEAS FROM MY KITCHEN BLOG
A Healthier Meal After All That Halloween Candy
So after consuming all that candy, it might be time for something slightly healthier. Here’s my suggestion for a build-your-own Quesadilla party. Kids love-making things themselves, so you simply put everything out and let them put it together the way they want – but you do the cooking.
Put out a variety of fillings and let the kids build their own Quesadillas. The choices can include:
- Mixed, shredded cheeses
- Diced turkey, chicken or steak
- Black beans
- Grilled or roasted veggies — zucchini, onions, carrots, squashes
- Raw veggies — avocado, peppers, corn kernels, tomatoes
- Leaves — spinach, cilantro
- Pineapple, mango, pear
- Tortillas — whole wheat, spinach, red pepper
How to make?
- Start with a tortilla, add a little cheese – the cheese will act like glue and hold everything together.
- Then simply add your favorite fillings, a little more cheese and top with another tortilla.
- Squish down and cook in a non-stick pan over medium heat on both sides, until lightly browned, warmed through and melty (by the way – no oil is necessary for cooking and of course is way healthier).
- Cut into wedges and serve with non-fat Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), salsa and diced avocado.