Or at least my version - 'cuz after all I am a Canadian and it was invented by a Canadian.
But really who cares - just make it.
- 2 ready-made flatbreads - I used ones that were approximately 10” x 6”
- ½ cup tomato sauce, see recipe or use jarred (if you don’t care about food)
- ½ - 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼-½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3-4 slices deli black forest ham, cut into thin strips
- Approximately ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread sauce evenly over the flatbreads and then add the pineapple
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes over all and top with ham and then the cheese
- Place flatbreads on baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese melts and flatbreads get crispy
- Garnish with cilantro, slice and enjoy