So fricking simple and delicious - a great reason to keep pesto in the fridge. Super quick to make, and by quick I mean, in about a minute.
Makes 1 Pizza
- 1 Pizza Dough (store bought or homemade)
- All-purpose flour
- 2-3 tablespoons cornmeal
- One 7 oz container pesto sauce (you'll use about half)
- ¼ -½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 fresh mozzarella cheese ball (broken up in smallish pieces)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (unless you are using a pizza oven like Uuni)
- Sprinkle just enough flour to prevent sticking on dough and working surface. Use your hands or a rolling pin to flatten the dough until it is 1/4-inch thick or less
- Spread cornmeal on baking sheet and lay the pizza dough on top
- Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into the center of the pizza and use the back of a spoon to spread it out to the edges.
- Next sprinkle red pepper and top with mozzarella
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness, or until the crust is crisp and golden in a regular oven - but in a pizza oven only as long as needed
- Slice, eat & repeat!