These are the reason you want to ALWAYS have a little leftover steak hanging around.
- 1/2 green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced semi circles
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 lb pre-cooked chilled steak, sliced very thinly (I used ribeye... use whatever you have)
- 4 Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 Provolone cheese slices
- 2 crusty rolls, oiled or buttered
- Preheat large skillet medium/high heat, add teaspoon oil, green peppers and onions, cook 5 minutes until softened
- In separate skillet, add teaspoon oil, cook mushrooms 2 minutes
- Add in cooked onions, peppers and soy, cook 1 minute
- Grill your roll until golden
- In separate skillet on high heat, add teaspoon oil, reheat steak 1 minute
- Layer cheese slices on top of steak, cook 30 seconds
- Build: roll, veggies, steak/cheese, veggies and eat!