Make this once and you won’t need any other corned beef recipe... ever. And did I mention it’s simple... cuz it’s only 4 ingredients.
Serves 6 to 8
But make sure to save some for sandwiches the next day...
- 1 corned beef - about 4 pounds, the kind from the supermarket with the little packet of spices included
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy
- Put corned beef in a large pot (with any spices from the spice pack in the package) cover with water -
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover - cook for approx 2.5 hours
- Mix jam, mustard, soy - set aside
- Heat over to 400
- Remove corned beef from pot, drain and place on a baking sheet lined with foil
- Baste with the mustard glaze and cook another 30 minutes (adding more glaze occasionally) until you can push a fork into it really easily
- Slice and enjoy