Potatoes – great.
Sweet Potatoes – greater.
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with curry and cumin – unfrickingbelievable.
Makes 2 potatoes
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut a slice from bottom of potato so it will sit flat and set between two chopsticks
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts across the potato (the short way) down to the sticks 1/8 to 1/4 inch which will prevent you from cutting all the way through the potatoes
- Repeat with 2nd potato and place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Melt butter in small saucepan, add red pepper flakes, cumin, curry and salt - mix well
- Brush potatoes with the butter mixture, getting in between the layers
- Bake 50 min-1hour or until potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside
- Add a little sour cream and garnish with cilantro to serve.