Viewing entries in
What can you say about a cornmeal pancake with cheddar, green onion and pulled pork? You say nuthin – you just eat.
Part beef, part bacon but all delicious.
Regular eggs benny - good. This version with pastrami from the griddle and delicious gravy with a touch of horseradish on a pretzel roll - unfrickingbelievable.
- 2 eggs
- 1 English muffin or pretzel roll, toasted
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pastrami
- 1/2 cup brown gravy, no need to make it - you can buy it
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Mix gravy and horseradish in small pot and warm through
- Grill pastrami in non-stick pan over medium heat
- Poach eggs
- Toast English muffin
- Place grilled pastrami on toasted English muffin, top with egg and spoon horseradish gravy over the top
- Holy crap
To be honest - it makes in 5 minutes but cooks in about 50. In any case it’s only 3 ingredients and so damn good it won’t matter.
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer - preferably something with a little flavor - room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix flour and sugar and slowly add beer
- Mix all ingredients well, until smooth
- Place in greased loaf pan & place pan in center of oven and bake for about 50 minutes
- Remove from oven and take bread out of pan and allow to cool on a rack or stove grates