No grill? No sous-vide? No problem. This method will result in a perfectly cooked steak with virtually the same level of doneness all the way through. That means not only a desirable pink center, but the whole frickin steak will be perfect. And it will work on any thick steak.
Viewing entries in
These hold a special place in my heart. Why you wonder? Because they are so stinkin good. Btw you should always have a can of refried beans in your pantry. Bbtw, these were made with the no-fat version and you would never have known. Really.
Makes about 6
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lime cut in half, then one half into wedges
- 6 soft corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup refried beans, warmed
- 6 hard taco shells, warmed according to package directions
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Lettuce, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crispy and crumbled
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- Cholula hot sauce
- Heat pan well then add oil and shrimp - stir-fry quickly as the shrimp will cook fast
- When almost done (about 2 minutes) sprinkle shrimp with Old Bay then squeeze juice from the lime half on top
- Give them one quick mix and remove to a bowl alongside the tortillas, beans, sour cream and lettuce, bacon and green onions
- Now simply let people make their own: put some beans on one side of a soft tortilla, the wrap that around a hard shell tortilla
- Add some sour cream, some lettuce, the shrimp, some bacon, some green onions and finally a few shakes of hot sauce
- Eat – as if that wasn’t fricking obvious
Something you simply need to know.
ORIGINAL EPISODE RELEASE DATE: Jul 27, 2015
It’s the day after one of the greatest football games ever and you’re feeling a little ‘under the weather', cuz you may have had too much to drink. But fear not my friends – this delicious, cheesy and perfectly greasy combination with grilled onions, is exactly what the (fake) doctor ordered.
Get ready for the Chinese New Year with these great noodles - and the quick little black bean sauce makes this ridiculous.