I’m a huge fan of using #leftovers - and there’s no better, or more delicious way, than this. None.
Viewing entries in
These crazy delicious little flavor bombs are a hit wherever they go. And they’re grilled, not baked which makes ‘em even better. Did I mention only 4 ingredients??
Appetizer Serving for 2-4
- 2 lbs chicken wings (aka party wings)
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, like avocado
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat grill on medium/high
- Put wings in a large bowl, add oil, salt and pepper, toss well and place skin side down on grill, flip often until done the way you like it - which hopefully is not dry as toast
- While wings cook put butter, Sriracha and garlic in a small pot and heat over low until melted - stir to mix well and set aside
- When wings are done, mix them in batches with the sauce in large bowl
- Serve wings with sprinkle of salt and garnish with cilantro
If you’re not grilling corn, you’re frankly making a big damn mistake. And with pesto and parmesan, this version is stupid good. Imagine an Italian version of 'Elote'.
Makes 4 Ears of Corn
- 4 ears of corn, husks & silk removed
- Neutral oil spray or 1 tablespoon of oil, like avocado
- ¼-½ cup prepared pesto sauce (or make your own: Fresh Basil Pesto)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup grated/finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Wrap each ear of corn in Saran wrap, microwave on high for 5 minutes - remove plastic wrap
- Heat grill to medium high
- Spray/rub oil lightly on each ear of corn and place on the grill - turning occasionally and get grill marks - about 5 minutes
- When corn gets color on all sides, brush pesto on all sides
- Serve with a pinch of salt and garnish with parmesan on top
I love any kind of lobster roll...but at the risk of pissing off the purists, this grilled version is fricking great.
Potatoes – great.
Sweet Potatoes – greater.
Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with curry and cumin – unfrickingbelievable.
Makes 2 potatoes
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cut a slice from bottom of potato so it will sit flat and set between two chopsticks
- Using a sharp knife, make cuts across the potato (the short way) down to the sticks 1/8 to 1/4 inch which will prevent you from cutting all the way through the potatoes
- Repeat with 2nd potato and place on parchment lined baking sheet
- Melt butter in small saucepan, add red pepper flakes, cumin, curry and salt - mix well
- Brush potatoes with the butter mixture, getting in between the layers
- Bake 50 min-1hour or until potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside
- Add a little sour cream and garnish with cilantro to serve.