My mom used to made this years ago and I thought she was a genius for it. But when I went to make it the first time myself, I realized the recipe was right there on the wafer box.
And though she’s still a genius, I think mine is a little better because I add Bailey’s to the whipping cream and sliced almonds and shaved chocolate to the top.
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 box Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Chocolate for shaving
- Put cream & Bailey's in a mixer and beat until stiff, yeah I said that
- Spread some of the whipped cream on a serving plate as a base to hold the wafers
- Spread a layer of cream on one side of a wafer, stack another wafer on top, add cream, another wafer and so on until all the wafers are used
- Lay the wafer stack on it's side on the plate, and fully cover with remaining cream
- Cover loosely with saran and refrigerate overnight
- Remove from fridge, and top with almonds and shaved chocolate
- Now this part is critical: cut the log on a diagonal to expose the wafer & cream layers