Turkey sandwich - great.
Turkey taco - yummy.
Turkey, bacon, stuffing & leftover mash cake - stupendous.
Serves 4 as appetizer
Kick up your leftover game with this easy recipe. Mashed potatoes, stuffing & bacon – what wrong could there possibly be?
- 1/3 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chilled mashed potato
- 1/2 cup chilled stuffing
- 1/2 cup cooked turkey, shredded or diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon each butter & oil
- 4 eggs, however you like them
- Salad for serving
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until about halfway done, remove all but about 2 tablespoons of grease and add onion - cook until softened about 4 minutes
- As it cooks, in large bowl put mashed potato, stuffing, turkey, cooked onion and bacon – mix well to combine - add salt & pepper to taste
- Lightly oil your hands and form mixture into 4 patties
- Melt butter with oil in the skillet you cooked the onion in, and add the patties
- Cook about 4 minutes each side and serve with a little salad (optional) and an egg (not optional)