I love any kind of lobster roll...but at the risk of pissing off the purists, this grilled version is fricking great.
Viewing entries in
Exactly as it sounds - along with grilled onions, arugula and a damn fine Sriracha sauce.
These hold a special place in my heart. Why you wonder? Because they are so stinkin good. Btw you should always have a can of refried beans in your pantry. Bbtw, these were made with the no-fat version and you would never have known. Really.
Makes about 6
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lime cut in half, then one half into wedges
- 6 soft corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup refried beans, warmed
- 6 hard taco shells, warmed according to package directions
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Lettuce, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crispy and crumbled
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- Cholula hot sauce
- Heat pan well then add oil and shrimp - stir-fry quickly as the shrimp will cook fast
- When almost done (about 2 minutes) sprinkle shrimp with Old Bay then squeeze juice from the lime half on top
- Give them one quick mix and remove to a bowl alongside the tortillas, beans, sour cream and lettuce, bacon and green onions
- Now simply let people make their own: put some beans on one side of a soft tortilla, the wrap that around a hard shell tortilla
- Add some sour cream, some lettuce, the shrimp, some bacon, some green onions and finally a few shakes of hot sauce
- Eat – as if that wasn’t fricking obvious
These are the reason you want to ALWAYS have a little leftover steak hanging around.
- 1/2 green peppers, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced semi circles
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 lb pre-cooked chilled steak, sliced very thinly (I used ribeye... use whatever you have)
- 4 Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 Provolone cheese slices
- 2 crusty rolls, oiled or buttered
- Preheat large skillet medium/high heat, add teaspoon oil, green peppers and onions, cook 5 minutes until softened
- In separate skillet, add teaspoon oil, cook mushrooms 2 minutes
- Add in cooked onions, peppers and soy, cook 1 minute
- Grill your roll until golden
- In separate skillet on high heat, add teaspoon oil, reheat steak 1 minute
- Layer cheese slices on top of steak, cook 30 seconds
- Build: roll, veggies, steak/cheese, veggies and eat!
Even though there are Mexicans in Philadelphia and Philadelphians in Mexico the title is kinda goofy but I think you get my meaning. And talk about good, oh man...