No grill? No sous-vide? No problem. This method will result in a perfectly cooked steak with virtually the same level of doneness all the way through. That means not only a desirable pink center, but the whole frickin steak will be perfect. And it will work on any thick steak.
Viewing entries in
Learn how to cook
These hold a special place in my heart. Why you wonder? Because they are so stinkin good. Btw you should always have a can of refried beans in your pantry. Bbtw, these were made with the no-fat version and you would never have known. Really.
Makes about 6
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lime cut in half, then one half into wedges
- 6 soft corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup refried beans, warmed
- 6 hard taco shells, warmed according to package directions
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Lettuce, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, crispy and crumbled
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- Cholula hot sauce
- Heat pan well then add oil and shrimp - stir-fry quickly as the shrimp will cook fast
- When almost done (about 2 minutes) sprinkle shrimp with Old Bay then squeeze juice from the lime half on top
- Give them one quick mix and remove to a bowl alongside the tortillas, beans, sour cream and lettuce, bacon and green onions
- Now simply let people make their own: put some beans on one side of a soft tortilla, the wrap that around a hard shell tortilla
- Add some sour cream, some lettuce, the shrimp, some bacon, some green onions and finally a few shakes of hot sauce
- Eat – as if that wasn’t fricking obvious
In the time it takes to cook the pasta - this entire way delicious dish comes together.
Garlic, vermouth, soy sauce. Knowing how to do this well is an absolute must for anybody trying to step up their cooking game.
Quickly turn a pork tenderloin into delicious little sliders with a wonderfully sticky glaze.