Weird looking? Yes. Simple to cook? Yes. Delicious? Oh hell yes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 or 3 artichokes, approximately 1 for every 2 people
- ½ stick Finlandia butter*
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Cut the stem off the bottom of each artichoke so it will sit flat, and about 1 inch off the top of each
- Then cut the point off each leaf (to keep you & your guests from getting poked)
- Place artichokes in large steamer with about 3 inches of water below, cover with a lid and steam about 45 minutes, or until you can pull off a leaf off easily
- While it cooks, melt Finlandia butter in a small pot with a minced clove of garlic, some lemon juice and a sprig of thyme
- Put artichokes on a serving plate with a bowl of the dipping butter beside.