Instead of the usual green beans for Thanksgiving, how about an amazingly simple brown butter version using #Finlandia.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons Finlandia butter
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup French Fried Onions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the green beans and cook 2 minutes
- Immediately plunge into ice water to stop cooking - to paper towelsto dry
- Meanwhile, slowly melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often until it’s browned in color and nutty in flavor, 2 - 3 minutes
- And as soon as it is, add the green beans, toss well to coat, season with salt & pepper and then plate – top with something crunchy, like crispy French Fried Onions.