One of my favorite combinations, check out just how versatile they are.
- 3/4 pound Shiitake Mushrooms, stalks removed, sliced 1/4'' width
- 2 leeks, root and most of the dark green stalks removed, cut lenthways, finely slice semi circles
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, add more if it gets dry
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- big pinch Kosher salt
- 6 grinds fresh black pepper
- Preheat large skillet on medium heat, add oil, mushrooms and leeks, cook for approx 4 minutes
- Clear a space in pan, add garlic, let it sit until fragrant, then stir into vegetables – don't let it burn
- Once cooked for 7-10 minutes in total, stir in butter, then season with Kosher salt and pepper
Serve as a side dish with juicy steak, creamy polenta, or a delicious Eggs Benedict.