Of course to celebrate National World Whiskey Day you can always drink some whiskey - or you could put in into whipped cream and spoon some on top of a pan fried donut with sautéed apples. We’re going with the latter.
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored & diced small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 glazed donut, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Heat non-stick pan- melt 1 tablespoon butter and add apples, cooking just to soften
- Add sugar to the apples, mix until sugar melts then add pinch of salt and stir in 1 tablespoon whiskey, cook out the alcohol- about a minute, set aside
- Put cream, sugar and 1 tablespoon whiskey in a mixer or large bowl and beat until soft peaks form- You can DEFINITELY over beat whipping cream, so be careful
- In a separate non-stick pan- melt a little butter and place the donut cut-side down until lightly toasted
- Plate the donut, cooked side up, add some whipped cream and top with apples & finally a sprinkle of powdered sugar.