And by thing I mean stupidly delicious. Don't ask - just make it.
- 2 bacon strips, sliced widthwise
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Pinch each Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 poached eggs, see recipe
- In a large pan on medium heat, cook bacon until about halfway done, then add mushrooms and cook until softened - 3 to 4 minutes
- Add chicken broth - continue to cook another minute
- Next add spinach - sauté until wilted then season with salt and pepper; remove from heat
- Serve spinach mixture on serving plate and top with poached egg.