Makes 1 pound cake
So good, so buttery, so delicious. And once made, do this trick from my mother. The trick of spreading soft butter on still warm, delicious pound cake. It might not be right, but if it’s wrong, it’s wrong for all the right reasons.
- 1 cup Finlandia butter + extra for greasing, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325
- Beat all ingredients except eggs in a mixer for 5 or 6 minutes
- Then add eggs, one at a time until incorporated
- Butter bundt or loaf pan well, and pour in mix
- Bake about an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool, slice and eat - or...
- Grill slices on a grill pan, bbq or even broil
- Then spread with a little more Finlandia butter and voila…fricking magic!
*Finlandia butter is available at Vons, Albertsons and Safeway.