Makes one sandwich
Everyone has had an antipasto salad - right? Well...how about an Antipasto sandwich?
- 1 large crusty Italian roll, cut "hot dog" style leaving a "hinge"
- Genoa salami
- 5 - 6 pieces of marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons ready made olive tapenade
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Jarred roasted red pepper slices
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat broiler
- Place cheese on both sides of open roll broil until crispy and the cheese is just melted
- Next spread olive tapenade onto the roll
- Cover with 6 or so slices of the salami
- Then the artichoke hearts, red peppers and basil leaves
- Close the sandwich, cut in half and share