There's a ton of Spanish influence on the Filipino culture, and this is a perfect example of that.
- 2 packages double crust pastry dough
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 2 meduim tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced small
- 7 or 8 sweet gherkin pickles, diced small
- Preheat oven to 375
- Remove pastry dough from package and roll out slightly - cut into 4-inch squares
- Combine beef, onions, tomatoes and saute until thoroughly cooked
- Once cooled, combine with diced eggs & pickles and mix well - season to taste with salt & pepper
- Put a tablespoon of mixture in the middle of each square and fold one end over making a triangle
- Roll edges towards middle to seal
- Brush each empanada top lightly with milk and bake until golden brown, 20-30 minutes.