Brilliant flavors all wrapped up in one pasta. My 11 year even asks for this.
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 8-10 slices of bacon or 'ready crisp' bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Saute asparagus in olive oil until half way tender
- Add shitakes and sauteuntil softened
- Add bacon and thyme and cook for about 2 minutes
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Drain pasta and mix with the asparagus, bacon, mushrooms and thyme in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, season with salt & pepper to taste and serve