Or put a different way...'Have a little chicken with your cheese'. When Firefighter/Paramedic Brasga makes this at Station 40 in San Diego, the result is a delicious and very rich alfredo that the crew goes for in a very big way. Notice I chose not to make a joke about the potentially artery-clogging richness of the alfredo and Mitch being a paramedic - I'm above stuff like that. I cut Mitch's original recipe that he says will feed 10 hungry firefighters in half - but it still makes a lot. Serve over your favorite pasta.
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, quartered
- 1 - 8 ounce container shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 - 8 ounce container shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup half & half
- Saute garlic and onion with basil, pepper and oregano in olive oil until softened
- Add chicken and saute until browned and cooked through - you may need a little more oil
- Add cream cheese and allow to melt
- Add parmesan, Romano and half & half
- Taste it - and if you want to add more cheese, you need counseling.