My brother-in-law and I made this late one night - ate it - and then made it again right away and ate that. Simple, but really good. Definitely falls into the -less is more - category.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into florets - you know, the nice end parts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- cashews - some whole, some crushed for the top.
- Drop broccoli into boiling water for 5 minutes - remove and drain.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat and add garlic - stir fry for about a minute.
- Add broccoli and crushed red pepper, continue to stir fry for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add soy and chicken broth mix all and remove after about a minute.
- Serve on platter with cashews on top.