These will be amazing if you chill the mashed potato, but if you don't it could be a big mess – but without doubt these are worth the effort.
- 2 cups chilled pre-made mashed potatoes, seasoned with green onion and cholula
- 1 cup chorizo
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Pre-heat your deep fryer, use peanut or canola oil
- Cook chorizo for 5 minutes in skillet
- Fill two large plates, one panko, one eggs
- Keep mashed potatoes in fridge until the last minute
- Grease your hands with olive oil
- Make a rough 3'' patty from mashed potato, place a teaspoon of chorizo and a pinch of jack in center and bring in the edges of potato to form a ball
- Roll in the egg, cover in panko then deep fry in small batches until golden.
Or, you could be like I was on the show... just eff it, mix the mashed potato and chorizo, roll into balls and do egg wash and panko and deep fry until golden.