You're laughing right? Well I'm serious about how good this is - so don't laugh until you've tried it. This has been a tradition in our house for about 25 years and is ideal for the morning after a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner . The only thing is it requires that you still have some stuffing leftover, so make sure you do.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 slice American cheese (you can use any kind you like, but this kinda makes it)
- 1/3 cup (approx) leftover stuffing, room temp
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat, and add eggs.
- If making a true omelet, allow the bottom of the eggs to set - add stuffing to one half, cover with cheese and flip one side over making a half moon & cook to desired doneness (and fyi desired doneness for me is not too dry)
- Or, cook as scrambled eggs - adding the stuffing when you would normally add other ingredients and then cook until desired doneness - which is still not too dry
- Put on a plate and enjoy
- Wait for next year