You can spend a lot of money at Nobu for their delicious cod - or you can make this simple & quick version at home, and spend the rest on wine, beer, cocktails and a mini vacation...
I could eat about 50 of these in one sitting.
These crazy delicious little flavor bombs are a hit wherever they go. And they’re grilled, not baked which makes ‘em even better. Did I mention only 4 ingredients??
Appetizer Serving for 2-4
- 2 lbs chicken wings (aka party wings)
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, like avocado
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup Sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat grill on medium/high
- Put wings in a large bowl, add oil, salt and pepper, toss well and place skin side down on grill, flip often until done the way you like it - which hopefully is not dry as toast
- While wings cook put butter, Sriracha and garlic in a small pot and heat over low until melted - stir to mix well and set aside
- When wings are done, mix them in batches with the sauce in large bowl
- Serve wings with sprinkle of salt and garnish with cilantro
If you’re not grilling corn, you’re frankly making a big damn mistake. And with pesto and parmesan, this version is stupid good. Imagine an Italian version of 'Elote'.
Makes 4 Ears of Corn
- 4 ears of corn, husks & silk removed
- Neutral oil spray or 1 tablespoon of oil, like avocado
- ¼-½ cup prepared pesto sauce (or make your own: Fresh Basil Pesto)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup grated/finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Wrap each ear of corn in Saran wrap, microwave on high for 5 minutes - remove plastic wrap
- Heat grill to medium high
- Spray/rub oil lightly on each ear of corn and place on the grill - turning occasionally and get grill marks - about 5 minutes
- When corn gets color on all sides, brush pesto on all sides
- Serve with a pinch of salt and garnish with parmesan on top
Just salmon on a plank on a grill is pretty darn fantastic, but this version (with only 4 ingredients) is crazy unbelievable. You must make it.
- 1 Cedar plank (dimensions are up to you, but about an inch thick and big enough to fit the salmon with at least an inch of border, but not too big to fit in your barbeque)
- 1 whole salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2-3 cups brown sugar
- Spray bottle of water, just in case
- Soak plank in water 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium
- Place salmon on plank and rub top lightly with oil
- Sprinkle well with salt and pepper
- Cover salmon with brown sugar
- Place board with salmon on heated grill and close lid.
- For a filet about an inch at its thickest and depending on how good your barbeque is, it will grill for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- The plank sides may flare up during cooking this is no big deal as long as you keep the salmon about an inch away from the edges.
- Remove and serve.